Who We Are
Milestone Surgery Center is a physician-owned, multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center founded in December 2018 in Parker, Colorado. Our specialties include cosmetic/plastic surgery, general surgery, gynecology, pain management, urology and urogynecology.
We are so proud to announce that Milestone Surgery Center was awarded its Colorado State license on October 19, 2021 and was awarded Medicare Deemed status accreditation for 3 years by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) on April 6, 2022.
“Milestone Surgery Center is the culmination of a 20-year dream of developing an ambulatory surgical center dedicated to women’s functional and aesthetic needs. A place where surgeons can take patients with gynecologic needs who may also desire reconstructive and cosmetic surgery performed in one surgery setting. Such a center would be the first of its kind in Colorado and require the participation of several specialties to include: Gynecology, Urology, Colorectal, Plastics, General Surgery, and Pain Management.”
–Oscar A. Aguirre, MD, Founder and Medical Director
Our mission is to combine exceptional patient-centered care with the latest advances in healthcare technology. We are dedicated to women’s functional and aesthetic needs by providing surgical services that meet high standards of quality and safety in an environment that nurtures the spirit of caring for every woman.
See our Press Release here.
On April 6, 2022 our facility was awarded Medicare Deemed status accreditation for 3 years by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
This is an important milestone in the continuing growth and success of our health care facility. Pursuing accreditation shows our commitment to providing the highest levels of quality care to our patients, and the same high level of quality in our business practices. Achieving AAAHC Accreditation is proof that Milestone Surgical Center has met the rigorous standards of a nationally recognized third party.
We are proud to have met the challenge of accreditation and intend to consistently uphold the principles of quality improvement in patient care.
What is an ASC and what are the benefits?
Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) are health care facilities that offer patients the convenience of having surgeries and procedures performed safely outside the hospital setting. Since their inception more than four decades ago, ASCs have demonstrated an exceptional ability to improve quality and customer service while simultaneously reducing costs. At a time when most developments in health care services and technology typically come with a higher price tag, ASCs stand out as an exception to the rule.
Download the full report from the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association.
Quality of Care
- Thanks to major advances in surgical techniques, anesthesia and pain management, ASCs today routinely—and safely—perform most outpatient surgery procedures, including total joint replacements.
- Because ASCs specialize in the procedures they perform, they are able to concentrate on patient safety and the patient experience and have an excellent record of safety and quality outcomes for patients.
- Just like in hospital operating rooms, the surgeons, nurses and medical professionals in ASCs follow a very specific set of protocols and procedures that consistently lead to excellent results for surgical patients.
Regulation and Oversight
- ASCs function just like hospital outpatient departments and, like hospitals, ASCs must comply with a wide range of laws, rules and regulations. Most ASCs are Medicare certified, and many are accredited by the major independent healthcare rating agencies.
- ASCs are also required to maintain a strict sanitary environment; every ASC must establish and maintain programs and procedures for preventing infections.
- Similarly, ASCs must conduct regular, comprehensive assessments of the quality of care they provide to their patients.
When it comes to the emphasis placed on patient safety, there is no difference between a hospital and a surgery center.